Sunday, October 9, 2011

DIY Wedding Projects

So being that our wedding is on a strict budget I am doing multiple DIY (Do It Yourself) projects. It is still a little over seven months until the big day so it is too early to start doing many of the details. I do however have a big DIY project I started about a month after getting engaged because it is going to take a lot of time to complete. For center pieces I am using clear wine bottles, now for getting these bottles I have hired many of my friends or families I know who drink wine to save their wine bottles for me. I am guessing that by the wedding I will need close to 70 or 80 bottles. Collecting these and finding a place to store them in my house has been lots of fun (nope, it hasn't). Currently I have 14 wine bottles and they have a place as decoration on various windowsills in the house. 14 is only a small number compared to how many I need, it will be fun to see where they find a place when it gets closer to May :)

2 comments:

Deborah Raney said...

I bet you get 5 volunteers to drink the wine for every one volunteer to store the empty bottles. ; )

Deborah Raney said...

P.S. I tried that mocha recipe this morning and it is so close to Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha I can't believe it! I wasn't going to believe it, but WOW! Made my day!

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png