Monday, May 13, 2013

The One About Leggings

Blog Every Day In May


Day 13, Monday: Issue a public apology.

I would like to publicly apologize to all of America on behalf of women in the world who wear leggings as pants. It is a huge trend right now (step on my college campus and you will see every other girl that walks by in a pair of black leggings and a t-shirt). Sorry America that these women don't understand what it looks like in daylight. Here is what they need to be told:

1. I can see your underwear, all of it. 
2. I can also see that your leggings are in your crack... yuck.
3. Camel-toe.


I can understand the appeal because leggings are comfy. I have been known to wear them around the house in the winter but they never leave my house. Here are examples (from the internet) of what I am talking about.

Some of you may be thinking "girls really wear this in public" and sadly yes. Yes they do. 

 Now, I am by no means a fashion genius. I think I dress okay but I wouldn't call myself "fashionable." However, I have always thought I knew how to recognize good fashion. The good news for people who like to wear leggings as pants is that... it can be done right! Take a look at these examples. The main difference is, the leggings are thicker, and the shirt they wear with it covers their front and their back sides!

So America, I hope ladies out there will realize that they can still wear their beloved and comfy leggings just as long as they keep it classy!

*Steps off soapbox*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely idea. Growing up my mom had a rule that if we wore leggings our butt had to be covered. I think that should be a contract people sign before allowed to purchase. :)

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png