Thursday, June 6, 2013

Coffee Bar Reveal!

Tuesday I posted this picture and said to check back to see how I re-did this cabinet and made it into a coffee bar!



My Dad built this piece in shop class and it was in our house growing up as long as I can remember. My parents recently moved and no longer had space for it, so I took it off their hands. It is a beautiful cabinet and is really well built (as you can tell because it can hold my big ol' booty). I wanted to change the color and make it into a statement piece. 

Went out to my sister's house and set to work with her!

I started by taking off the doors on both sides. 


Then I got to use power tools... exciting! I sanded the whole thing down so it was ready for some paint. 



Then I loaded it up in my car and headed home. Hubs and I double teamed it the next afternoon and spray painted the whole thing a beautiful pistachio green. Let it dry overnight and then I mod-podged some red polka dot paper to the shelves.



I was happy with how it turned out but then the fun part came and I was REALLY happy!
Added our red coffee maker and our Keurig, then mugs and coffees. Then I got to add some fun decorative pieces! 





Very happy with how it turned out, it adds a lot to what used to be an empty area of our kitchen. 

When we have a bigger house I will surely be adding many more statement pieces like this one!




5 comments:

Deborah Raney said...

HEY!!! I WANT THAT BACK!!!! THAT TURNED OUT SOOO STINKIN' CUTE!! DAD'S EVEN GIVING ME HIGH FIVES ABOUT IT! :) GREAT JOB!

Tarl said...

That looks really good, Tav. I had totally forgotten about that credenza. Nice work.

Jessica King said...

I love it! Great job :)

Tobi said...

Love it! So glad you went with green instead of following my advice! "Just follow your heart, Napoleon. That's what I do."

Spinning.... said...

That looks so good!! I love the color, and the liner you used! And you're so brave to sand like that!! :) Tonya

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png