Thursday, June 27, 2013

Frame DIY

When I went home to Kansas my sister and I got the chance to dig through my parent's garage sale boxes. Can you say score?!?

Among many things I got nine simple wooden frames my mom used to have in her office. I wasn't really sure of what to do with them so they sat in the garage for about two weeks. Then I was inspired and here is what I came up with!


I painted them white, using only a small amount of paint so the wood still came through. Then added some wedding photos I have been wanting to hang.


I added four of these to the living room wall above the couch. I am very happy with how this turned out, it had really been needing something more.



I also painted a couple frames red to add to our bedroom wall. This is one of my favorite projects I have done in this house!





3 comments:

Deborah Raney said...

Looks awesome! I especially love the pops of red. Glad you could use those!

Deborah Raney said...

By the way, that nightstand from G&G Turners auction looks great there! I like the baskets tucked in!

Tobi said...

Super cute! Love the whitewashed ones especially! They'd also look cute with different scrapbook papers as matting!

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png