Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Why I Blog


I have had this little blog for about 2 years now and have NEVER blogged consistently. I do not live a consistent life so it is hard for me to keep up with it at all times in my life. I also am an avid reader of countless blogs. I have a list of 16 blogs that I read everyday and others that I check on periodically. I just love the blog world! Most of the blogs I read are “real” blogs, as in they have hundreds of followers, people sponsor their blogs, they host link-ups and some of them even make money off of their blog. I would love to have a blog like that but honestly my life is not interesting enough and I simply don’t feel like I have the time. I get about 110 views each day I post something and I am sure most of those are my family. 

Even if I never get more than 18 followers or have have thousands of page views a day, I will still blog. Here is why I blog.

I blog to keep family updated on our life. Hubs and I are spread out from most all of our family and the ones we are close to we still don’t see very often. So writing simple little posts about something I made, an event in our life or what I am wearing that day makes my family feel a little more connected to us! Plus, I know for a fact that my mother would have a heart attack if I stopped blogging. Literally.

I blog because it’s a great way to capture a snapshot of what life is like right now. I know that I won’t blog forever, blogs might not even exist or be cool five years from now. I will however have this little page (which I have save every post) and all the work I put into it to look back and see what life was like. It’s like an online scrapbook to come back to and reminisce! 

I blog because it’s a fun community. Like I mentioned before, I am not a “real” blogger but I have gotten to know some real ones and exchanged e-mails or comments and every girl I talk to is so nice and just like me! It’s just a neat community of women who have similar interests as me. SIDENOTE: coincidently almost every blog I end up loving and following, the blogger happens to be a teacher, a newlywed and loves their pets. So I feel like they are my friends already!

Blogging is a great creative outlet for me. It is my own little space to do with as I please. I can write about whatever I want, it forces me to be creative at times and it really is a lot of fun for me!



I really try not to care about how many page views I have after each post but it is pretty amazing that I get over 100 everyday! Thanks to everyone who is interested in what I have to say! And a special thanks to my Mommy who is by far my biggest fan :)

1 comment:

Deborah Raney said...

Yep! That's me, your biggest fan! You don't know how often I wish that blogs had existed when I was your age. I would have rocked the blog world. Well...I can pretend. I LOVE your posts and you're right: it's a great way to keep up with what you guys are up to!

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png