Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Colorful Closet

I recently, after looking at my mess of a closet decided it was time to reorganize it. All Summer I have been wearing t-shirts and shorts and my dressy hanging clothes are not getting any attention. But on Sundays when I try to find something to wear, it is next to impossible.

I used to have all my clothes organized by season or style. I had all long-sleeved shirts and sweaters together. Then short-sleeved and dress shirts, next was t-shirts and then tank-tops and dresses. This worked for a while, but then I stopped putting things in the right place and just threw things wherever there was space.

I have seen people color-code their closet and decided I would give it a try in my own!

Here is what I started with...

First, I took everything out and sorted them by color on the floor.



Of course Mavis had to help, she kept the lonely yellow company!
And then Melvin joined in, he played with all the hanging strings and belts.


I then sorted each color group into long-sleeve, short-sleeve and tank-top. After each pile was sorted, I hung em up!



So much better than before, and much easier to find what I am looking for!

Here is a before and after so you can really see the difference!

Now I am all ready and organized for the school year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried to do this once! It lead me to discover that I only own neutral colored clothes! Oops. :)

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png