Friday, September 18, 2015

18 Weeks!

Disclaimer: 
I am getting HUGE! When I wake up my belly is pretty large but by the end of the day I bloat and swell up so much I look this humongous! 

Details! 

Maternity clothes? Still rubber banding everything but realizing I really need to invest in maternity pants SOON! 

Stretch marks? Nope! 

Sleep: I have actually had some really good nights of sleep lately. We kicked Kira out of our bed and are training her to sleep in a dog bed beside us. She makes it most of the night but when I wake up to pee at about 2am she has somehow squished between The Hubs and I!

Best moment this week: I felt my first flutters! I can't say with 100% certainty that that is what I felt but let me break it down for you. 
A few times I tried really hard to feel kicks. So I laid on my side real still with my hand on my belly (thats what the internet said to do and you should always do what the internet says... right?). I tried this and... nothing. And I never really felt much that I thought might be a kick so I just decided I would be one to feel it later on. Well I was grocery shopping at wal-mart and in the bread aisle I all of a sudden felt a tiny little flutter that didn't feel like anything I had ever felt before. I was so excited! I have felt that 2 or 3 more times since then and I am convinced it was baby! Can't wait until I get to feel the undeniable strong kicks! 

Miss anything? Being comfortable.

Food cravings: I have been really in to Spongebob Macaroni and Cheese lately. I also am all about orange juice still!

Anything making you queasy or sick? The Hubs grilled some amazing bacon wrapped steaks the other night and while it tasted great, the texture was really bugging me. So after four bites, he gladly helped me finish it :)

Gender: Still going to hold strong until February! 

Symptoms: Still feeling my belly stretching a lot. Also I am beginning to have some mild back pains here and there. I was really hoping that would hold off for a while. 

Happy or moody most of the time: Still very happy! Growing a baby is exciting! 

Looking forward to: My mother in law and sister in law still haven't seen me since I have started showing. I get to see them this weekend and they are very excited to see me fat! 

Hows Dad doing? I usually ask Collin to answer this question, but since he is not here I will tell a cute story. 
When he got home from work yesterday he gave me a huge and as I leaned in he pulled back and goes "Oh my gosh, I felt your belly before anything else! It's getting so big, I love it!" He thought it was the cutest thing, I reminded him that at some point he'll hardly be able to put his arms around me. Hope he still thinks it's cute then! 

Baby's room: Adding a new section so maybe it will motivate me. 
A few people have asked me if I have things ready or even started in the baby's room yet. The following picture will serve as the answer. No words needed. 


1 comment:

Deborah Raney said...

You look adorable! Can't wait to pat that baby bump! (But you'd better clear off that bed before Papa and Mimi get there!

http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r796/tavia_smith1/signature_zps28848455.png